6.07.2007

Borough Hall

I'm moving to Brooklyn in a week or so - very excited to be back in Brooklyn! Though of course I love my neighborhood right now too. (BTW, if you are around NoHo on June 21, we'll be playing at the Liz Christy Garden.)

My go-to subway station will be Jay Street/Borough Hall. I've been pleasantly surprised at how active Borough Hall is. Doesn't this entrance to the Supreme Court building feel great with the market in front? It makes me feel like the government actually does work for me.

Borough Hall public market


There was a good amount of sitting when I was there.

Borough Hall sitting 2

But look at the cars. This area was sectioned off so people could walk through it and it feels pedestrianized, but it was no fun to walk through with all the cars taking up prime space.

borough Hall lots of cars

Though you could certainly walk through this area, everyone stayed on the sidewalk.

Borough Hall cars

2 comments:

wheatgerm said...

Brooklyn seems fun

Anonymous said...

There's always space for vehicles.