10.16.2006

Fall in New York


Image by elfis gallery

I've been busy setting up this new office, too preoccupied to blog, but enjoying the urbanist coverage in Streetsblog, The Built Environment (check out the post on the Grand Army Plaza, one of my favorite subjects to wonder at the loss of potential) and Polis. I was sorry to miss attending the Transportation conference, but Gotham Gazette published Enrique Penalosa's speech, thank goodness.

Over the weekend, I met up with a few former and current PPSers and stuffed myself with amazing street food at the 2nd Annual Vendy Awards. The chicken rice dish prevailed. Today, Patee writes in, giving an update on the artificial turf war going on in Silver Spring, MD, following on her tip from last summer. See what happens when a place, no matter how cheaply it may have been completed, becomes fun to hang out in? There's a report from the Venice Biennale, where Ricky Burdett, former LSE Cities Programme director, has directed this year's exposition on Cities.

And this weekend to take a break from it all, I'll be heading out to the very non-urban Lancaster County, PA.

0 comments: