9.27.2006

Linkies

A few links have been made known to me. Most likely they're not new to anyone but me since I've been out of things, but they're worth your attention.

Built Environment
- (via Polis) I agree with Lisa Chamberlain's assessment of this one. And I have a feeling I have met this fellow a couple years ago. Very thoughtful blog (and author).

Claiming Public Space
- A robust web site with articles, resources and community from the Hamer Center for Community Design at Penn State. I didn't sign up to access the community part (which I find suspect on most web sites) but I share the vision of the site. What do you think?

City Project - Un-New York related, I just received an announcement that CLIPI (Center for Law in Public Interest) is closing! Very sad, as it has been a revolutionary organization, especially for Los Angeles. Its executive director, Robert Garcia, will instead be heading something called the City Project, which has been a program area at CLIPI. Though not based in New York, CLIPI was providing a service akin to urban space advocacy groups in NYC, and with more legal muscle and a greater social justice bent, combining land-use/urban design decisions with community development. I'd love to see a CLIPI-type group in NYC - not just a think tank or policy engine, which New York has aplenty. The City Project site is not up, yet - I hope.

0 comments: