1.12.2005

Post-tsunami - where to give

I really wanted to contribute in some way to the post-tsunami relief effort, but perhaps working for a non-profit and knowing about the ins and outs of (dis)organizational effectivemess made me wary about donating. Anyhow, it was heartening to see the Guardian profile on Architecture for Humanity and the thoughtfulness of its executive director, Cameron Sinclair. Anyhow,

On a somewhat related note, this story about elephants in Thailand warning people around them before the tsunami hit is just amazing. via City Comforts

5 comments:

PepperThought said...

Shin-pei - You should try and donate through ashanet.org. Its a zero-overhead org, and that means 100% of your donations would go to the projects.

Shin-pei said...

Good idea! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

AFH is also directly 100% of the tsunami funds to the reconstruction process.

This is going to be a much longer rebuilding process than our previous work so there is no rush if you'd like to donate.

Cheers
Cameron

Anonymous said...

oh, you should come to the SPICE closing on the 9th. I'll be in town as I'm speaking at the Verdopolis conference earlier that day.

FYI PPS does some great work. Ambassador Swett was telling me great things about it.

Shin-pei said...

I've been meaning to check out SPICE! Thanks for letting me know!