7.24.2006

Tangents


Photograph by Bridget Regan

It's been one heckuva week - drama to be clarified shortly. In the middle, we had a staff retreat with a really talented facilitator...guess what we learned? People who work with outside communities have a hard time talking about their own community.

I find that when I'm thus preoccupied, I stop reading the usual urban ___(living, development, real estate) blogs altogether. I realized last week that we had stopped buying a household staple, the NYTimes, for a month now.

Instead, I've been paddling around a sub-segment of the sustainability world, the world of sustainable style. So while my nucleus looks at sustainability from the lense of the built environment, there are many people out there who look at it from the lense of a stylish, downtown consumer. So fascinating. This trend certainly isn't isolated in NYC, but the exacting stylishness in which it is executed is very new york. My favorite is fiftyRX3 (I know nothing of its origins).

Then to compensate for not reading my roll, I read the blogs of people I've just had the good fortune to see, here and here.

Onward to more connected days...

0 comments: