3.29.2006

onNYTurf



We were chatting over dinner about the proposed Yankee Stadium project and what some councilman said to the community at the meeting yesterday, ("you mean, he negotiated that the Yankees incorporate what the Bronx wanted, or the Yankees leave? And now he expects the community to accept what's going down or the Yankees leave? I don't get it, and what are they doing anyway...") so Jon went to look at what was being proposed and I continued to talk to the air, and I looked up, and there was this amazing map of the Yankee Stadium proposal - map, satellite, hybrid, before, and after, all annotated with photos.

Wow.

The site is called onNYTurf, and yeah, maybe I'm just jumping on the bandwagon really late, but it really is amazing, and it's authored wiki-style, so contributors welcome.

Update: I knew I was coming onto this late. Check out Starts and Fits' deeper exploration into this site.

2 comments:

AD said...

I too had the same epiphany recently. And also probably pretty late. It is a great site. (So's this one.)

Shin-pei said...

Thanks! it's fun to discover something like this and know that other people think it's cool.