3.21.2006

"Good" redevelopment?

I'm working on a writing project and am searching for "good" redevelopment projects in New York City. Of course there are "good" projects...right?

As I thought about it, it became hard to actually come up with a good project in NYC. So I'm appealing to any readers who also like to think about these things: Do you know of any "good" redevelopment projects? I'm thinking about projects that make you wish that all redevelopment projects as just like it...

Thanks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call The Fifth Avenue Committee in Brooklyn.

Anonymous said...

Also, Poly Prep school on Prospect Park West just went through a very respectful and responsive community-oriented process around its new addition. Granted, they're in a very historic, landmarked neighborhood. But still, they fired their first architect, made their neighbors happy, kissed the rings of the community board and civic council cranks, spent money, and came up with a really nice, contextual design.

Shin-pei said...

Thanks for these suggestions! Is there a specific contact I should ask for at FAC?

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that's Aaron Naparstek - www.naparstek.com