2.07.2006

Round-up on Detroit

There's a report card of sorts on how Detroit fared with hosting the Super Bowl. Did it hit its economic goals? Check out Detroit Free Press to find out.

And for another bout, of a completely different sort, Richard Layman, a native Detroiter, offers thoughts on Detroit, and picks up a couple of things from Seattle, here, here and in general, if you couldn't tell, he's extremely prolific and brings in thoughts on Detroit in many posts. I confess I can't always keep up, but it's always an interesting read.

2 comments:

Ar2thelow aka arlo said...

I hope Detroit made big bucks off the Superbowl. If the car commercials were any indication, that town is in trouble!

http://www.naparstek.com/2006/02/best-superbowl-vehicle-ad.php

Shin-pei said...

Yikes, that ad sounds terrible. I keep mentioning Richard Layman, but he also had another post where he said "My joke about Detroit is that it is exactly what the auto industry intended to have happen to cities."