2.14.2006

Belated snow

I'm incredibly late on posting: The blizzard has come and gone into slushy mush, and by all accounts, the phrase "the best time to experience New York is during a snow storm" is verging on cliche. It was great that so many people were out to enjoy the snow.

We went sledding in Central Park, a repeat of what we did during last year's big snow storm. I love that the Parks Department prepares by putting out bales of hay at the foot of any large hill, in anticipation of sledders. Sledding is really the only time in the city when sharing a rare commodity - a good sled - is de riguer and knocking people head over heels is appropriate -- nay, expected! I didn't take any pictures myself, but from the numerous flashes that were going off in the gloaming, I couldn't wait to see what was posted. Here's a few of the best off of Flickr.


by Adam Pantozzi


from drewbic gallery


Another from drewbic gallery. Watch out!!!

0 comments: