2.09.2005

Happy Lunar New Year



I almost forgot! Today (Feb 9) is the first day of the Year of the Rooster.

Happy Lunar New Year!!
("lunar" is much more inclusive than "chinese.")

I spent some time looking for a card I could send my parents, who live very far away, and was amazed at just how many local newspapers and media in the United States covered the holiday - every city from the largest metropolitan cities in the US to the smallest. I remember when the Lunar New Year was a holiday that my parents (who raised me here) tried to celebrate but had difficulty explaining. It was enough that I almost felt entitled to take the day off!

No luck though in finding a fun card. If anyone has a card they want to share - please do! I usually find something creative types of graphic design firms pull together - but not this year. (An odd beginning to a year that is supposed to be "full of energy and activity, you can't wait!")

0 comments: