12.16.2004

In the media...


St. Marks on the Bowery

These articles are not as revealing as the Gothamist turned out to be, but because of this little list, I've managed to talk to more than a couple newspapers recently.

After listing the East Village as the #2 neighborhood in the world, my boss declines to comment and refers me to reporters looking for quotes. I personally don't think I ooze downtown scenester that much. Here's one slightly inaccurate version of my comments from the Villager.

My favorite is the article from Camden, Maine. Listed at #4, the journalist said cynically, "Camden gets on these lists all the time" then quoted me as saying, "PPS actually visited Camden before listing it." !!! I found it hilarious and an endearingly good representation of a small town newspaper.

0 comments: